Statistics reveal that Americans place a high value on their smile. According to an American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® national survey:
- Virtually all adults (99.7%) believe a smile is an important social asset.
- 96% of adults believe an attractive smile makes a person more appealing to members of the opposite sex.
- Three-quarters (74%) of adults feel an unattractive smile can hurt a person’s chances for career success.
- And when respondents were asked, “What would you most like to improve about your smile?” The most common response was: Whiter & Brighter Teeth
Teeth Whitening Procedures Can Help:
- Lighten coffee-stained teeth.
- Remove Cigarette and tobacco discolorations.
- Correct yellowing in teeth due to aging.
In-office Zoom or Rembrandt Whitening:
- A whitening gel containing a high concentration of hydrogen peroxide is applied to the teeth.
- In-office whitening often can be accomplished in one visit to the dentist.
- Home whitening may be recommended to enhance the effects.
At-home Dentist-supervised Whitening:
- The patient wears a custom-fitted mouth tray containing a whitening gel for a few hours each day or night.
- The trays can be adjusted to lighten individual teeth.
- The average patient will wear mouth trays one to two weeks. More severe stains can often be improved with extended use of a home whitening system.
At-home Teeth Whitening Strips:
Most over-the-counter products, many inexpensive, are not regulated by the FDA or reviewed by the American Dental Association. Crest White Strips, over the counter or Professional Strength from a dental office are safe, effective and economical. Whitening strips only whiten the upper and lower six anterior/front teeth and not the complete dental arch.